The Lawrence Music Department would like to highlight some of the exciting accomplishments and events occurring within the department.
- Ilia Urgen, Emma Urgen, Audrey Michlig and Ariana Watson participated in Nassau Music Educator Association virtual workshops this past weekend (February 5-7) with guest artist clinicians.
- Jordana Sidlow participated in a virtual percussion clinic with Principal timpanist of the NY City Ballet. She is also working very hard to prepare for her upcoming college auditions.
- Tri-M Music Honor Society has begun! Our new advisor is Mr. Riley. Students have been recommended by their music teachers, with additional recommendations in upcoming Spring months. Induction Ceremony and recital will be held in Spring.
- Piano NYSSMA (virtual)- HS student, Emma Urgen participated at the highest level 6. Wonderful job Emma! Other NYSSMA virtual performance festivals are taking place including All-State auditions. More to follow regarding participants!
- Great Job Arbi Corbita, LMS vocalist for singing "True Colors" at the Principals' Honor Roll Breakfast.
Best wishes to HS Orchestra Director, Mr. Terry Batts on his retirement!
Welcome Shelly Goldman, our new HS Orchestra Director! Shelly is a recent graduate of Ithaca College and a Lawrence alum.
A quote from Ms. Goldman about joining the Lawrence family as a new staff member:
"My experiences as a student in the Lawrence music department were influential in my decision to become a music teacher. Whether it was performing in winter/spring concerts, playing in chamber groups, going to Disney World, or taking the stage in Drama Club productions. Each and every one of these wonderful moments put me on the path that brought me back here today."
We are so happy to welcome Shelly and wish her all the best!!
Lastly, be on the lookout for information about our HS Spring Drama Showcase! Performance in the Spring tbd with more to follow.......