Important news from Gammys Pantry. The window for this opportunity is two weeks!
This Friday Gammys Pantry volunteers will be trained by representatives from Assemblywoman Missy Millers office to assist community members in completing paper applications for anyone that is unable to complete the process on the link provided. Gammys Pantry will have a table with volunteers beginning Monday at 3:30 PM. Due to COVID you must have an appointment as we can assist 5 people at a time.
Important to note!!!
This will be a portion of your rent determined by a formula based on last years income as well as any money earned or received from March to June. This includes the 600 a week and unemployment but not Snap.
Only one person per household needs to be a citizen. (Even infants)
You must provide proof of income. This can be paycheck stub. Tax return from last year or letter from employer.
You must have proof of rent paid or requested. A lease or a letter from the landlord or rent receipts.
All money dispersed will be directly to landlord.
If you have paid your rent, the landlord will receive a check and a letter that you have this amount towards rent.
If you have not paid rent, your landlord will receive a check and letter that the money is to be applied to rent arrears.
Thank you Assemblywoman Miller for always looking out for families in our community!!!
To qualify for the program, applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements:
* Must be a renter with a primary residence in New York State.
* Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, household income (including unemployment benefits) must be below 80 percent of the Area Median Income, adjusted for household size. See in one requirement thresholds below.
* Before March 1, 2020 and at the time of application, the household must have been "rent burdened," which is defined as paying more than 30 percent of gross monthly income towards rent.
* Applicants must have lost income during any period between April 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020.
* The application period will be open for two weeks. Residents can apply any time during the two-week period.
HCR will prioritize households with greatest economic and social need, accounting for income, rent burden, percent of income lost and risk of homelessness. The rental assistance payment will cover the difference between the household's rent burden on March 1, 2020 and the increase in rent burden during the period the household is applying for assistance. Households can apply for up to four months in rental assistance for the months of April through July. The program is open to households that rent apartments, single-family homes, manufactured homes and manufactured home lots.
Households with at least one household member with U.S. Citizenship or eligible immigration status are qualified to receive the subsidy. Tenants currently receiving a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher for housing costs or who reside in public housing are not eligible for RRP assistance.
Please click on link below for the application beginning July 16.